How it Works
A Hybrid Plug-in Conversion by ReGo includes a state-of-the-art 10 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that gives your car’s electric motor more juice, increasing its ability to take the load off the gas engine. Now is the time to start “driving your values”
- Any generation 2 or 3 Prius can be converted
- High performance and non-toxic, recyclable 10 kWh lithium-ion batteries
- Battery pack plugs into a standard 120 v outlet and fully charges in 8-10 hours
- No loss of trunk space for a Prius conversion
- Doesn’t override factory settings like other plug-in kits
- Doesn’t void manufacturers’ warranty on vehicle
- Plug-in conversion takes three days to install
- The conversion is done locally and is backed up with local service
- While it is not necessary to change the way you drive, the more you learn to utilize the plug-in system, the better the results!
The numbers / payback
The financial payback during the estimated 7-9 year life of a plug-in hybrid conversion depends greatly on how you drive and how much you drive. One thing is clear, there is no better choice available for those committed to reducing their environmental impact when driving.
Here’s how the numbers add up if you convert a Prius:
- $13,500 for any generation 2 or 3 Prius conversion + sales tax
- If you drive 15,000 miles per year, with gas prices at $4 per gallon, it will take about 7.5 years to recoup your initial investment. The actual payback will vary greatly, do to your driving habits. We have customers who are outperforming these assumptions and it will receive a greater return on investment. We also have customers who are not meeting these assumptions, and will receive less of a return on investment.
Gas Savings Based on Miles Driven (for a Prius - other hybrids will vary)
|Miles driven per year||Gallons of gas saved per year||Savings per year (based on $4/gallon gas)||CO2 reduction (in pounds)||Years to recoup initial investment|
|10,000 miles/year||125 gallons||$500/year||19,400 pounds of CO2||9.7 years|
|15,000 miles/year||188 gallons||$750/year||29,100 pounds of CO2||6.5 years|
|20,000 miles/year||250 gallons||$1,000/year||38,800 pounds of CO2||4.8 years|
|25,000 miles/year||313 gallons||1,250/year||48,500 pounds of CO2||3.9 years|
Making the most of your conversion
The simplicity of the system allows you to turn it on and forget about it, but, there are some easy steps you can take to further increase reductions of your carbon footprint and save more at the gas pump.